A typical Release of Liability Waiver Form can be setup using SwiftCloud in minutes, with electronic signature, and can be signed either in person (using a tablet, typically) and/or on your website in advance and/or a link included with new-client intake emails or appointment booking systems.
Free Setup Offer & Quick Demo
START FOR $1!
We’ll remind you before your trial expires
The info we need to know to set up your Release of Liability Waiver Form with Electronic Signature are:
Your location, legally speaking – your state and country, as this affects certain terms
- Your activity – what do you sell?
- Company full legal name
- Whether you serve children (who require a parent’s or guardian’s signature)
- Your company logo (we can pull from your website – just tell us your URL)
- What should happen after the Release of Liability Waiver Form is signed? Typically they go to your website to a page like /thanks-signed – which just reassures them you have their docs and they’re all set.
We have dozens of attorney-reviewed forms on file and are in the process of building a Release of Liability Waiver Form library. Until this library is live, all paid accounts include a free done-for-you setup.
Once set up, your Release of Liability Waiver Form is 100% customizable, as easily as writing an email. We’ll get you “on the green” and setup the basics, and then turn over the keys for you to modify.
As people sign, you’ll get emailed a PDF (default settings; you can turn this off if you like and just store them all online inside SwiftCloud), as will the signer, with your branding & logo on it.
You’ll also have a shared “workroom” with that customer or client, in which you can store any number of docs, history, notes, etc.
If your Release of Liability Waiver Form contains file-upload or photos (such as a photo of themselves – a selfie!) it will also be stored in the workroom.
Below is a sample text for reference, if you do not want an electronically signable Release of Liability Waiver Form.
Start Free Release of Liability Waiver Form
RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER FORM
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS EVENT, including by way of example and not limitation, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault.
- I certify that I am physically fit, have sufficiently prepared or trained for participation in this activity, and have not been advised to not participate by a qualified medical professional. I certify that there are no health-related reasons or problems which preclude my participation in this activity.
- I acknowledge that this Release of Liability Waiver Form will be used by the event holders, sponsors, and organizers of the activity in which I may participate, and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity.
In consideration of my application and permitting me to participate in this activity, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
- I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released, for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may hereafter occur to me including my traveling to and from this activity, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: YOURCOMPANYLEGALNAMEHERE and/or their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents, and the activity holders, sponsors, and volunteers;
- INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise.
- I acknowledge that YOURCOMPANYLEGALNAMEHERE and their directors, officers, volunteers, representatives, and agents are NOT responsible for the errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting a specific activity on their behalf.
- I acknowledge that this activity may involve a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury, and property loss. The risks include, but are not limited to, those caused by terrain, facilities, temperature, weather, condition of participants, equipment, vehicular traffic, lack of hydration, and actions of other people including, but not limited to, participants, volunteers, monitors, and/or producers of the activity. These risks are not only inherent to participants, but are also present for volunteers.
- I hereby consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
- I understand while participating in this activity, I may be photographed. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by the activity holders, producers, sponsors, organizers, and assigns.
This Release of Liability Waiver Form shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.
I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND A CONTRACT AND I SIGN IT OF MY OWN FREE WILL.
<sign, date, name>
<child / minor’s guardian if applicable>
End Free Release of Liability Waiver Form
The above is a pretty crude example, but covers the basics. More robust versions are available, but require specifying in more detail the location, activity specifics, etc.
IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS FOR RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER FORMS:
- Customer Lookup (by name, phone, email) – this is built into SwiftCloud’s contact system; you can easily look up a user and verify they have already signed.
- Integration to Workflow – see below. The goal is keep customer friction & hassles as low as possible while protecting your business legally.
One important consideration applicable to Release of Liability Waiver Forms is knowing who has signed and who hasn’t. We recommend add this at point of sale, but for activities that offer a free trial, this must be handled prior to trial.
- For appointment based businesses such as dental liability waivers, chiropractor liability waivers, massage therapy liability waivers, or other one-on-one services, your release of liability waiver form can be added into your appointment booking membership system, so that signature is handled at time of booking (for new clients; existing clients should get recognized via email & phone).
- For membership type businesses such as gym release of liability waiver forms without a free trial, karate & martial arts schools, personal trainers, yoga waivers, etc. integration is best done at time of sale when the membership fee is paid.
- For membership businesses with a free trial, the best integration is to add the release of liability waiver forms to your website for people to schedule their free class in advance, which helps you manage class load and instructors. We recommend also having a tablet, laptop, etc. that walk-in customers can use as well, for when customers / students bring a friend, for example.
- For one-time purchases, volunteering, services like subcontractor Release of Liability Waiver Forms, all this should be handled at time of purchase / hire / engagement etc.
Get your Release of Liability Waiver Form started now and be e-signable in minutes with a legally binding smooth, paperless, easy & fast SwiftCloud template.
Free Setup included on all paid plans, and with our 60 Day Money-Back Unconditional Guarantee, you’re set – we’ll take the risk and are confident you’ll like the service.
Start at https://swiftcrm.com/is/register/?p=210p3 (monthly package), or review https://swiftcrm.com/products/electronic-signature for more details and/or to choose a package.
To get your free done-for-you page setup, contact our support team after payment at https://swiftcrm.com/support/contact and tell us the 6 items at the top. We’ll create the doc within 1 business day of request in most cases, customized to you.
START FOR $1!
We’ll remind you before your trial expires
Question? Let us know and we’ll update this document.
Support Central for Electronic Signature is at https://swiftcrm.com/support/
More background info: Liability waivers info on Wikipedia – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liability_waiver
Full disclaimer: This page and any docs we create for clients are not a substitute for legal advice by duly licensed & authorized professionals. We advise seeking counsel of an attorney or law firm licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. SwiftCloud provides forms as a courtesy, most or all of which have been reviewed by attorneys all or in part, for various legal jurisdictions, however, be advised said documents are provided as a courtesy and while we seek to help clients get electronic signature on legally binding documents, we formally recommend confirming any document prior to use with legal staff licensed for your jurisdiction. Forms referenced are based on USA, EU, and UK forms depending on your (client's) jurisdiction.