- There’s 2 main methods to use e-Signature, “standing order” style (signable anytime by anyone) and specific-people style (say, a sales contract – the doc is specific to people and or a business transaction). For standing order types (waivers, HR new worker forms, etc.) these should be linked from your website for most cases, and also maybe added to emails & autoresponders (i.e. appointment scheduled confirmation).
- Ensure you connect marketing, by periodically exporting contacts, or connecting an API to other marketing systems.
- Don’t try to build Rome in a day – just get in and focus on the “low hanging fruit” – whatever you get signed most often. Other use cases will become obvious over time and if you spend just a few minutes per month optimizing your system, working on your business not in your business, you’ll reap rewards via time savings and efficiency. Most important: get the game started.
- Want to use a tablet for in-person e-signatures? Create a cloned separate 2nd e-signable doc, set to show a confirmation and “in person mode” in the […] section which will try to prevent autofill (thus potentially showing other client’s info). After signature, the doc will reset for the next customer.
- SwiftCloud’s “standing order” e-signatures can contain fillable variable-fields that do not look editable and can be generated on-the-fly by you but not by the customer; this is used often for pricing or negotiated terms – so in most cases, sales contracts even with negotiated terms (price, %, delivery dates, names etc) can contain “readonly” fields that you generate on-the-fly with the URL Generator, usually used for sales contracts.
- Consider levels of authentication. By default, anyone can claim to be anyone, and if you have other touch-points for the customer (i.e. they are in your business in person, and so you know their name matches a credit card for example) you’re fine – but for some businesses, you may wish to request a copy of ID (passport, driver’s license), or webcam photo, or login via Google / Facebook. Our audit-trail automatically appends info like IP Geolocation, browser & language to help with this as well.
- For in-person use, generate a “tiny URL”. If you have a WordPress site, “prettylinks” plugin can help make your signable URLs easier to tell clients and easier to type in your office and thus sign via phone.
[swiftcloud_helpdesk_faq_inline menu=’443′ title=’FAQ’]