Moving company CRM software is an integral part of the success of any moving business.
The right moving company CRM solution will help your moving company manage clients, moves, team members and keep track of all the details involved in running a successful moving company.
In this post, we’ll explore the best moving company software programs and apps out there, as well as some free mover’s tips & tricks to supercharge your new venture.
First: Getting new business is the lifeblood of any moving company.
Free software that doesn’t help you get business is actually more expensive than good software that helps you win more clients and win more revenue.
How to Generate Moving Leads
TIP: Good software <ahem – SwiftCloud, which includes Swift Radar> can monitor “signal events” like garage sales. Garage sales sometimes mean the person is planning to thin out the house, sell it, and move.
Fully understanding your target market before you even begin thinking about marketing your company will help you to create an effective lead-generation strategy.
TIP: Realtors need you as much as you need them!
Another secret: SwiftCloud started as Swift Marketing, and we generate leads for companies, and run campaigns.
The formula to generate leads is simply (1.) Compelling offer x (2.) delivered to the correct people x (3.) brand “gravity” (trust, authority) / (4.) Friction (how difficult the “ask” is) i.e. start with a free quote, that’s an easy low-friction shy way to take the first step toward a sale.
If you’re just getting started with your moving company, you may want to start off by offering free estimates to local customers and contacting moving companies that you’ve either worked with in the past or have heard good things about. Another option is to join a moving forum and reach out to other movers there who are in the same industry as you. Moving companies and individuals who are moving often need reliable movers to help them get their stuff from point A to point B.
Free Moving Company Software
Warning: There’s always free cheese at the mouse traps.
There are a ton of different moving company software solutions out there. Some are completely free (to start) and others will charge you a hefty monthly fee.
One very large public competitor that starts with “hub” is free to start, but the software gets very expensive very fast, and then companies are “locked in”, because all their client data is in it, and they don’t make it easy to leave.
If you’re just looking for free mover’s software and don’t want to pay a monthly fee, you can also consider getting a free CRM software solution and keeping your information in a spreadsheet or Google Docs file.
SwiftCloud is in our opinion, better than free.
How can software be _better_ than free? Easy: it helps you earn more than the cost of the software. If you can do more than just run your business, you can actually market your business and win new clients, good software should more than pay for itself.
Why Is Moving Company Software Important?
Short version: If you only have 3 moves to manage, who cares. You don’t need software. You’ll remember everything.
If you’re doing 30 a month, there’s no way you’ll stay on all the details.
And thus – moving industry CRM software.
It’ll help you market, auto-confirm appointments, help you get reviews and referrals, track
While it might be tempting to just go with a free CRM solution or stick to keeping your business data in a simple email chain, the advantages of using a good mover’s software program far outweigh the costs associated with using a paid CRM solution. With the right software, you can better organize your data and clients, schedule appointments, track sales, and even manage your team members’ productivity levels.
Moving company software also helps you to more effectively market your company online by allowing you to create beautiful landing pages and publish content on social media more easily. Moving company software will help you to streamline every aspect of your business and keep track of important details like client communications, team member availability and sales performance. This way, you’ll be able to more effectively predict the future growth of your business and make the right decisions accordingly.
What to Look for in Good Mover’s Software?
Note: SwiftCloud has all of this.
- Contact management, including notes, and the ability to contact clients (email, SMS, phone) right within the app. This of course can also store referral sources (realtors, relocation companies, large employers), staff, vendors, etc.
- Job / Move / Task / Project management, including notes, storing files, addresses, staff, etc (note: SwiftCloud has a custom asset configuration for this)
- Asset & Worker Scheduling – SwiftSchedule has the ability to schedule both humans (workers) and assets (trucks, dollies, etc) so clients can self-schedule (good for specialty moves like piano moving) as well as internal scheduling. This of course can sync to your phone if you like, and allows for holidays or other non-work commitments (i.e. a worker traveling).
- eDocs / Waivers / eSign / e-Paperwork – contracts, proposals – all of it can be a digital template so the day of the move things are easy. This also goes for HR docs, incident reports, photos of breakage, insurance docs all of it can be stored in one secure cloud-based CRM. We’ve got electronic bill of lading too, of course.
- Billing – getting paid via credit card, ACH e-Check, noting offline payments, template-based invoicing & quote generation, condition-logic smart docs with Sign & Pay
- Marketing – generate landing pages, email sequences, SMS marketing, recruiting campaigns to keep your talent pool fresh, Capture leads from any website, or even (New!) build a simple website in SwiftCloud, published to your own domain, generate social media ads and more.
- Inventory NEW in 3.0 (beta – part of SwiftBooks): – track boxes, expendables, etc. with our custom ledgers. Store notes about assets or inventory, then update the main accounting when supplies are replenished.
- Custom Assets – if you provide mobile storage units or fixed position storage, you can track rentals as well as location if relevant, in addition to making notes about condition, items left, financial status.
- Customer Portal for estimates, booking, communication
There are a few key things to look for when choosing a CRM solution for your moving company.
First, make sure the solution is fully integrated with your website so that clients can easily book their appointments online and see the progress of their booking in real time.
Second, the solution should allow you to track all your sales and manage your leads with ease.
Third, it should be accessible from any device — not just your computer. Last, but not least, it should be easy to use and intuitive so that you and your team members can get up and running as quickly as possible.
CRM Software for Moving Companies:
We’re a bit biased, but we came from the real estate industry, so we’ve got certain parts well in hand – asset rental, for example, and the rest fell into place.
As we roll out 3.0, we have special “2.0 legacy grandfathered-in” pricing available until we launch for new users.
The Best Moving Company CRM Software Apps
SwiftCloud is an all-in-one system, however, we’re still weak on the general accounting systems, so you’ll probably want a more robust accounting system.
We are strong on single-project accounting (“Accounting Attribution”), but you’ll probably want to export that data.
This will improve with 3.0 during 2023.
Other key apps include of course navigation.
Top moving industry blogs you should follow
When it comes to finding valuable information about the moving industry, there are many different sources you can look to. From industry-specific blogs to informative YouTube channels, there’s something out there for everyone. Here are some of the top moving industry blogs and YouTube channels you should follow:
Top Moving Industry Blogs:
Moving Industry Blog – This blog is run by the team at MoveHub, a site that helps people find reliable moving companies. This blog is a great source for industry news and useful tips for anyone in the moving business.
Moving.com – This blog provides helpful information for people moving across the country. It covers topics like how to plan your move, how to save money on your move, and how to prepare yourself for the stresses a move can cause.
The Zen of Moving – Based in Toronto, this blog offers tips and tricks for people who are planning to move in Canada. The Zen of Moving also offers a free online calculator to help you estimate the costs of your move.
Top Moving Industry YouTube Channels:
Us, of course. Biased? Yep – still helpful though.
Moving Tips – This is a channel created by a couple in Charlotte, North Carolina who have been in the moving business for many years. This channel offers helpful moving tips and tricks, as well as tips for hiring a moving company.
The Moving Tutor – This is a channel created by a man who has been in the moving business for many years. The Moving Tutor has videos that help people prepare for a move, understand the moving process, and hire a moving company.
These sources can be incredibly helpful for anyone who is new to the moving industry. By following these blogs and YouTube channels, you can stay up-to-date on important industry news and learn valuable tips and tricks that will make your job as a mover easier.
As a new mover, it’s important that you familiarize yourself with the moving industry. The better informed you are, the better prepared you will be for the challenges of this business. Reading these blogs and watching these videos will help you get off to a strong start.
And now to you: How can we help you win new moving jobs today?
Start your trial of our complete moving company CRM software today – or request your demo to find out.