Client, Student, Patient – who is your default role?
Roles are critical and easy, once you know where to look and how to use them.
Roles help you…
- work with Multi-Party e-Sign docs and forms. Example: Seller then Buyer, Client then You (Vendor), Student then Teacher.
- Tag Contacts, so you can group audiences for marketing or filter-views.
HOW TO EDIT ROLES:
- Option 1: On the setup wizard, in the pink box (e-Sign Setup for example), the system should ask for your default role. This is the most common client-label for your industry. Examples:
- Client – for many industries
- Patient, if you’re for example a dentist
- Student, if you run a school for ninjas
- Borrower if you provide loans
- NOTE: this could be more than one common role – if you’re a real estate agent, you work with both buyers and sellers. Just pick either one as your default, i.e. Seller / Listing or Buyer.
- Option 2: In-Context. In the shortcode editor or PDF Field-Settings, you should have a dropdown for roles, and at the bottom of it, there should be an option for “Add New”. Once you select this, a text-entry field should appear.
- Option 3: User Settings >> About Your Business >> Roles. Because SwiftCloud is so flexible, you can add additional roles all businesses have, like supplier, vendor, staff / employee, etc and then you can create groups in the filter-view system.
How to Use Roles:
- In shortcodes; note this will “freeze” that data for multi-party e-Sign. If a field is designated as a seller-field (i.e. date-time the seller signed), then when the doc goes from seller to buyer, that date-time will show when the seller signed, not today’s date-time. All data fields become “locked” once one party has signed.
- In Filterview: Example: “Clients in San Francisco” – you could create a filter-view showing all people with 415 area code phones or San Francisco in their address, who are also tagged with “#client”, then save it as a view. As you add more people to this group, the view will show the newest updated data.
Have any questions? Let us know and we’ll update this support entry.
What could we do to improve this?